Pages

My photo
As of February 23, 2012, I have a very sweet, very cute little boy. Baby PGS is my world now.

Baby PGS tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Baby S. #2

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Friday, November 7, 2008

why does it always seem that every time I turn around somebody falls in love with me this has never been my sole intention

My Cosmo horoscope for today says...
Libra - Single? Your affectionate nature could capture an extroverted cutie's attention. Attached? Showing interest in his favorite recreation inspires affection under loving Venus.
And who would that said cutie be? Cuz I don't really think that there are any guys taking more than a platonic interest in me lately... I mean, unless you count the random men on the streets of Midtown Detroit...and I'm not!

First, there is a special political weekly round-up (for those of you living under a rock, since that's gotta be the only way you've made it to Friday and don't know that Barack Obama was elected the 44th president of the U.S.A.):
.:. Ann Nixon Cooper, the woman mentioned in Sen. Barack Obama's acceptance speech of the presidency...even Sen. John McCain's concession speech was pretty good.
.:. "Yes we can" "Yes we did" It would have been pretty awesome to have been in Grant Park on Tuesday night...don't you agree?
.:. Yay for being young and voting (in record numbers, too)!!
.:. Aww, the little Obama girls are so adorable!! Sleepovers, puppies and family dinners with the new First Family...
.:. SNL's Best Presidential Moments (from E! online)
.:. A backwards step for gay rights in California (and gigantic discrimination in Arizona, Arkansas and Florida)...

Here is the weekly round-up of what I found interesting this week:
.:. Yay! There's a possible benefit to all the stupid migraines that I suffer from!!
.:. Eeep! That's a lot of money...$50,000 for an original sketch of Winnie the Pooh.
.:. Umm...yeah, being drunk and thinking you're driving your car, not gonna get you off for stealing a car...
.:. Aww...poor kid, poor family...what an awful Halloween...

And here's some Twilight related stuff:
.:. Rate-a-Trailer
.:. another movie clip and the video for Paramore's "Decode"
.:. Vanity Fair has a bunch of pics and an essay
all Twilight links are from E! online

Some amusement from Overheard in New York...

Hey, I Saw the Crude Sketches in the Boys' Restroom Way Before That
(class is watching a science video)
Scientist in the video: The problem with the big bang is that we know nothing about it. We don't when it banged, why it banged, how it banged, what exactly was being banged...
(entire class laughs)
Smart-a** student: See, when a man loves a woman...
Smarter-a** student: Please, as if you didn't just learn that last year in bio!
-- Stuyvesant High School

As Is Required by US Law
Mother: I'm so glad you want to learn about voting!
Five-year-old girl, to employee: Where are your books about Joe Biden?
(ten minutes later)
Five-year-old girl, screaming at the magazine rack: I want the magazine with the lady from TV on it!
Mother: Use your indoor voice. You know what her name is.
Five-year-old girl: But...I love Oprah.
-- Barnes & Noble, 86th & Lexington

No comments:

Post a Comment