Pages

My photo
As of February 23, 2012, I have a very sweet, very cute little boy. Baby PGS is my world now.

Baby PGS tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Baby S. #2

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

they say in this town stars stay up all night don’t know can’t see ‘em for the glow of the neon lights and it's a long way from here to the place where the home fires burn

Yesterday I had my monthly OB appointment (every four weeks, there were two appointments in September) and some prenatal screening done. To be honest, I'm freaked out about what the results could be. I know there isn't a high risk of my baby having chromosomal abnormalities (e.g., Trisomy 18 and Down syndrome), but still... I only went ahead and had the quad screen done because my insurance will cover it and my fiancé asked that I have it done. I hate having my blood drawn and no matter how good the phlebotomist is at his/her job, it hurts and I don't like it. But at least, I didn't cry yesterday when she was taking my blood.

Anyway...I've been feeling pretty good lately, so naturally, I'm worried that something is wrong with the baby. Nope, Baby S has a good, strong heartbeat and is more than likely moving around a lot. I wouldn't know though because I don't know if it's my stomach/intestines being weird or if it's a baby moving around that I feel, lol. The nurse who does the check ins for my doctor asked if I'd been feeling baby move yet, and I had to say "no" because I don't know. As long as I can feel Baby S moving around in there by my next appointment (20 weeks, 5 days), I'm not worried. It's perfectly normal for a first time mom (FTM) not to be aware of what she's feeling until the movement is a bit stronger. And since I'm a FTM, I have nothing to worry about right now.

The next appointment is when we find out the baby's sex: an ultrasound followed by an OB appointment. I'm hoping for a girl, but a boy is just as good. I don't know why I want a girl so badly, but I do. ::shrug:: My fiancé wavers between wanting a boy and wanting a girl. So it appears that he just wants a healthy baby regardless of sex. :)

Just this week, our neighbors gave us a brand new, still factory sealed, in the box baby bath tub. But I'm not removing the one we have on the registry because I'm not sure if I like the design of the free one. It looks easy enough to use and safe enough, but I'm not sure yet. If I change my mind, I'll totally be removing the cute Fisher-Price whale one we have on the registry. But so far, they've given us 34 pieces of baby clothing (4 pairs of pants, 2 shirts, 28 onesies), 12 baby caps and 16 receiving blankets. Which by the way, all of it is brand new. They were given way more than they could use for their six week old son, and also, he was a big baby, so the newborn sizes didn't fit him at all. Pretty much anything smaller than 6-9 months size is off the registry thanks to the generosity of our neighbors (and the members of their church). All of my siblings and I were smaller babies and it sounds like my fiancé and his siblings were smaller babies, too. So...my fingers are crossed for a little baby!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure everything is fine <3

    Your neighbors sound pretty cool! Hooray for gifts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure everything is fine, too. I just worry needlessly a lot of the time.

    ReplyDelete