Pages

My photo
As of February 23, 2012, I have a very sweet, very cute little boy. Baby PGS is my world now.

Baby PGS tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Baby S. #2

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Thursday, September 22, 2011

all he could think about was I'm too young for this got my whole life ahead hell I'm just a kid myself how'm I gonna raise one

I'm bored and procrastinating doing something pretty important (oops). So I thought having a fun post with a pregnancy survey was a great idea. :)

Due date:
March 07, 2012

How far along are you now:
16 weeks, 1 day

Boy or girl:
Wouldn't you like to know? ;)

Was baby planned:
Not in the least, but that doesn't mean he or she is any less wanted. :)

Do you know who the babies father is:
No, not at all. (Very heavy sarcasm, I know that doesn't translate well in written text. But I think this is a stupid question.)

If so, who is it:
My fiancé.

How did you find out you were pregnant:
I felt flu-like symptoms and knew there was no reason that I would have gotten the flu. Plus, the negative/positive home pregnancy test worried me so I did a second one about five days later and it was a positive HPT.
"Well they have this test that you pee on. I thought I was doing it for a science experiment, but apparently my body had different plans!" <-- The answer given by the girl I copied this from. It made me giggle, so I'm leaving it here.

What were your first symptoms:
Nausea. Plain and simple.

Who did you tell first:
My fiancé. It went much better than I had expected it to. :)

Who was with you when you found out:
My cell phone, lol. I was using it as a stop watch to make sure I waited long enough before throwing away the pee stick. Freaked out and went downstairs to show my fiancé.

How far were you when you found out:
If you count my suspicious mind, then 4 weeks, 5 days. If you count the failed first HPT, then 5 weeks, 3 days. It was confirmed by the OB at 7 weeks, 5 days.

What was your reaction:
Oh, s***.

What was the baby's father's reaction:
Positive. That's the only word I'm going to use to describe it.

What were your parent's reactions:
Mostly positive. Definitely became excitement quickly.

Any names:
Yep. But those are sealed up with sex of the baby. ;)

Have you heard the heartbeat? If so what was the HR:
Yep. At my first appointment, we heard the little one's HB during the ultrasound. It was a healthy 164 (if my memory is correct, if not then 160something). I've heard it again at my second appointment Sept. 1st, but didn't get a HR that time.

Baby ancestral types:
Mom (me) - Belgian, Romanian, Italian, Czechoslovakian, English...that's all I can remember, but I know it's a long list.
Dad (fiancé) - Portuguese...and that's all I know of off the top of my head. I know there is more, but don't know it.

Will baby have any siblings:
Biological, no. My fiancé has already decided he's never getting me pregnant again (I guess I've been that bad, lol). Maybe at some point, we'll look into adoption. But probably not. So we're going to have one human kid and multiple animal ones. :)

Have you and dad felt baby move:
Nope. It's possible that I've been feeling it, but since I have no idea what to feel for, it all just feels like weird stomach rumblings to me. So until there's definite baby kicks happening, Dad won't be feeling anything.

Who will be in the delivery room:
The necessary medical personnel and hopefully my fiancé. Right the plan is that he will be there, but he's not sure if he wants to be in the same room as me while I'm delivering a baby. Apparently he's a little afraid of me. -_-

Will you use medication:
Probably not. :( I hate needles, so I'm not sure how well getting an epidural or an IV will work for me.

Did you have morning sickness:
Yes. It could have been worse and probably would have had I been able to eat more often than I was. I did learn quickly though that my prenatal vitamin could cause me to go from feeling okay to vomiting. So it took me less than a week to learn: take it with food or milk and close to bed time.

Cravings:
Yep yep. Usually it's weird stuff like cherry tomatoes. I actually sent my fiancé out to buy some in the middle of me making dinner one day. I basically told him, "Go buy these now, or I won't make dinner."
I'm lucky he loves me, otherwise...

Did you have any mood swings:
::sigh:: My poor fiancé, he's such a good sport. I try to pay attention to what I'm doing and how my mood is, but I don't always catch it right away. I can be a moody b**** as it is, so add in the influx of hormones and...yeah, you get the picture.

Formula or breastfeeding:
For the sheer fact that it costs less, I am willing to try breastfeeding. I know it's supposed to be better for baby and blah, blah, blah. But to be honest, I don't want the sore nipples. I don't want to be the only one who can feed the baby. So while I plan on trying and getting a breast pump and bottles so my fiancé (and anyone else) can help with feeding, I'm not opposed to formula. Because formula is not that bad. There are plenty of babies who are solely fed formula and they grow up perfectly healthy. Besides, what if I'm sick or need a medication? Can't breastfeed then. So yeah, our kid will be getting formula. It just might not be the primary food source.

When did you start to show:
I haven't been able to suck in my gut for the last few weeks. So...I'm guessing that means around 14 weeks, I was showing. I did have one stranger notice when I was about 12 weeks along. She was a nice, older woman and wasn't trying to embarrass me. And last week, the head maintenance guy for the complex asked my fiancé while I wasn't in earshot if I was pregnant. He didn't want to put his foot in his mouth and still have to come work on our apartment, lol.

Are you excited:
Yep.

Who will help with baby after he or she is born:
Right now, no one is expected to come help. I know that's kind of stubborn, but I like that. Yes, help could be nice. But I don't want other people coming in and telling me what to do right away. Let me and him figure out what to do, and if we need help, we have a phone. :)

What is your favorite thing about being pregnant:
Umm...eating a lot and losing weight. :/ Yeah, that happened. But as long as I stay healthy and the baby stays healthy, my OB isn't worried.

What is the worst thing about being pregnant:
The entire first trimester (minus weeks 1 and 2, when I technically wasn't pregnant yet) and the new pains associated with a growing uterus. And here I thought menstrual cramps could be bad. I might never complain about those again, lol.

What one thing do you miss doing since being pregnant:
Strangely enough, it's being able to drink. I don't drink much as it is, so that's weird to me. I think it's just because now I can't drink and I don't like being told what to do.

Any days you wish you weren't pregnant:
Yes, but no. I'm happy we're going to have a child, but I'm not happy being pregnant. It's not as great as other moms like to make it sound. Don't get me wrong, it's not super horrible, it's just not the great thing many women make it sound like. :)

How many kids do you want:
Just one. Maybe down the road, we'll decide that a second one is a good idea, but probably not.

How many pregnant women do you know:
A few. Most of them, I'm happy and excited for them. One or two, I've got an irrational anger towards. Oh, well...I'll get over it. :)

Are you ready for baby?
Sure...about as ready as anyone can be for a life-altering change with no ideas of what is going to happen.
We have a crib, mattress, baby clothes, receiving blankets, caps, a diaper bag, a cradle swing from Fisher-Price and a baby registry. That's really all we can do to be ready. Have a plan and wait for it to implode because babies don't live according to their parents' plans.


Ahahahaha! I opened Pandora to use the first song that played as the lyrics for the post title and Kenny Chesney's "There Goes My Life" started playing! Slightly fitting as this baby is an unexpected surprise. :)

1 comment: