Pages

My photo
As of February 23, 2012, I have a very sweet, very cute little boy. Baby PGS is my world now.

Baby PGS tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Baby S. #2

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Thursday, September 15, 2011

if I had just one tear running down your cheek maybe I could cope maybe I'd get some sleep if I had just one moment at your expense maybe all my misery would be well spent

So...I know soon enough I'm going to have one of my own and expect everyone to agree just how cute little baby S is, but newborns are ugly! Seriously, why must people constantly post pictures and be like isn't my wrinkled old man, raisin baby adorable? Lol, in six to seven months, when I'm posting loads of pictures about my little demon spawn, please don't remind me of this rant.

Anyway...while I plan on trying to keep my complaints to a minimum, today I feel the need to whine and whimper. For the past few days I've been having terrible [intermittent] pain down the left side of body. If I hadn't already mentioned this to my doctor and been told it was normal, I'd be freaking out. But one of those lovely pregnancy aches and pains can be sciatic nerve pain. Oh, joy. I'm 26 (minus 19 days) and I hobble around like a 90 year old woman some days. Seriously, worse pain I have ever had in my life. And that's saying a lot since I get terrible migraines that last for days and no medications seem to help. I've strained muscles, hurt nerves and sprained joints before. None compare to the random pain of sciatica. Here's to the hope that it's going to go away once my uterus shrinks back to normal size. Because really, there isn't any damage to my sciatic nerve, just pressure that will increase over the next few months. Please excuse me while I go cry into my Yoplait® Greek strawberry yogurt over that thought. :'(

4 comments:

  1. Oh dear, I am so sorry to hear this and I hope you find comfort soon. Christina had the same problem, one of her legs were completely numb for the majority of her pregnancy.

    It will all be worth it in the end <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know how she dealt with it?
    Thankfully, I don't have any numbness. And I hope it stays that way. Just major discomfort in my left knee when trying to sleep and random shooting pain when I move in just the right way. Most of the time, it's really dull pain in my lower back. Even though it sucks, I hope it doesn't get worse.

    Plus, every time I get a new pain that's considered normal, I am thankful since it means my pregnancy is still there. I got worried when the morning sickness went away and wasn't a constant anymore. I know that's ridiculous, but still...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing unfortunately - she had to tolerate it through out the whole pregnancy. Poor thing but she was seriously vomiting most of the nine months so I think that's what she was more concerned with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. :(

    I woke up pain free today, so yay! It'll come back in a day or more, but for now, I'm happy. :)

    ReplyDelete