Pages

My photo
As of February 23, 2012, I have a very sweet, very cute little boy. Baby PGS is my world now.

Baby PGS tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Baby S. #2

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

fell in love with a boy I fell in love once and almost completely he's in love with the world and sometimes these feelings can be so misleading

So...I was bored and taking some quizzes online that had to do with dating...and this is what I "learned":
Are You Sabotaging Your Love Life? - Dream Date
Your social calendar should be booked solid. When it comes to dating, you know how important it is to go out, be seen and give off a positive attitude, all of which helps draw guys to you. Not to mention your confidence and take-action attitude, which not only attract men, but make you feel good too. And when you're on a date, you're careful to offer just enough information about yourself to keep him interested without spilling your life story (that can come later). Plus, you show plenty of interest in his life without acting like a love-struck groupie. But it's clear from your confident approach to dating that your life does not revolve around men. You know how important it is to spend time with friends and to pursue your own interests and hobbies. If attending a lecture by your favorite writer or taking your favorite exercise class just happens to result in your meeting a new man, all the better. No doubt, you do all this for your own happiness -- but it also makes you a better catch! How convenient.
Soo...if I'm such a "dream date," then why don't I have any dates? Apparently, I just knew the "right" answers...I don't know, I just answered whatever was the best option for me. But I kinda thought the silly quiz was a bit off in the result it gave me. ::shrugs::

And I "learned" this, too:
Who's Your Mr. Right?
.:. You scored 30%* - The Fun-Loving Fellow
Party on! Whether at a gathering with friends or in line at a movie, you pick out the most personable guy of the group, and it's easy to see why: You enjoy a good time and a good laugh and need someone who can appreciate these as much as you do. A man like this is great to have in your life because he can hold his own in any situation, and with anybody. The one downside is that he is not necessarily discerning. He may as easily chat up your three-year-old niece as his beautiful next-door neighbor. But don't let his flirting be his fatal flaw; instead, remember it's what drew you to him in the first place. But do keep in mind that his "playfulness" may make it tough for him to settle down.
.:. You scored 30%* - The Confident Chap
You definitely know what you want -- a guy who's sure of himself. It's this self-assuredness that has gotten him where he wants to be. Perhaps he's at the top of the corporate ladder, the president of his condo board or the most sought-after when his friends need advice. What you gain in a relationship with this guy is a companion who knows most of the answers and will make you feel safe and cared for. As great as this type of support can be, the reality is that your ideas and his won't always mesh. And once you tell him your take on a situation, he may argue with you and try to get you to see things his way. Don't let this get you down or make you stop thinking for yourself. As long as you don't let his strong personality overpower you or take away your independence, you and Mr. Confident can make quite a pair. After all, a difference in opinions makes any relationship more interesting.
.:. You scored 20%* - The Sensitive Guy
Isn't he sweet? You definitely go for the guy who has a serious case of feelings -- whether he wears them on his sleeve or not. Manners seem important to him, and to you. And it's a good bet your soul mate would as easily tune in to ballads on the radio as he would stage a protest against cruelty to animals. Tapping into his soft side, however, may not always be so easy. A guy who's clued in to his feelings may also be protective of them. So if you find yourself face-to-face with one of these sweeties, don't wait for him to make the first move. Let him know you want to get to know him better. Sensitive types think with their heart as well as their brain -- he'll get the hint.
.:. You scored 20%* - The Sporty Stud
In your arena, this guy is number one. You favor a man who likes football over one who brings flowers. Why? For starters, you're attracted to a competitive spirit and the drive to win. Not to mention, a guy who loves the game is probably pretty playful. Translated into a relationship, these qualities can be top-notch, although the same qualities that initially attract you may also drive you crazy. A competitive guy, for instance, may make a terrific athlete, but that same quality may also make him feel like he's in competition for your feelings -- with your friends, your family, your job and so on. Likewise, you may sometimes feel like you're in competition with his friends, athletic hobbies, etc. But remember, this type of man considers himself a team player, which means that in a relationship, you'll be able to count on him to be supportive, interested in your opinions and willing to work together to make the two of you a winning pair.
*may not add up to 100%
Umm...yeah...don't know if I'd take any of that seriously. But, whatev...

And then the other night, I was talking to my friend J and he told me that I need to find a "nice guy" because...well, honestly, I don't remember why. I kinda think it's because he wants to realize that he's there, and a nice guy, should I ever decide that I'd like to be more than friends. And even though I've tried being honest about it (that was my first approach) and tried saying that I'm just going to become a lesbian...he'll still occasionally hint at the possibility.

Seriously, though...nice guys are boring. I'm not attracted to the stereotypical nice guy and I never have been. But a nice guy who isn't boring, yeah, I could use one of those...but he's gotta be exciting, meaning have some of that "bad boy" something. That may explain why I keep dating the wrong people...I'm attracted the stereotypical bad boy. Oh, well...

And then last night, my friend C called me. I haven't talked to him in like two years, it was completely out of the blue!! (Honestly, this is the last time that I can remember hanging out with him) I missed him after he just kinda dropped off the planet, so to speak. We talked for a little bit...and I think that I might've accidentally agreed to go on a date - like an actual date, not a friend date - with him. But...yeah, I don't know. I mean, I wouldn't be all that opposed to it...but it wasn't something that I ever planned on doing either. He's just C. But he's back in MI, so I'm happy...he's done with his bachelor's (Alabama State University) and working on his master's (Eastern Michigan University).

But anyway...as far as I'm concerned, guys suck and I hate 'em all. Y'know, with the exception of the few that I'm friends with. Kinda why I'm in the frame of mind that I'm just going to give up on guys and date girls. But at the same time, I don't think my reasoning for doing that is very sound...so I would just end up hurting some girl. Just like if I date some guy, I'm just going to end up hurting him, or myself, since all I'd be doing with a guy is using him and then discarding him when I got bored. ::sigh:: I just need to figure me out (and I don't mean my sexuality, I already have that figured out)...stop being so bitter. But...actually, I think that I'm starting to get there...and it feels good - no, make that great - to be myself again. I didn't realize just how much of myself had been lost and buried...

No comments:

Post a Comment