Pages

My photo
As of February 23, 2012, I have a very sweet, very cute little boy. Baby PGS is my world now.

Baby PGS tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Baby S. #2

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Monday, October 24, 2011

if you ever find yourself stuck in the middle of the sea I'll sail the world to find you if you ever find yourself lost in the dark and you can't see I'll be the light to guide you

Today was the anatomy scan and we got to find out the sex of the baby, too. We're going to have a boy! It's exciting, but hasn't raised my excitement level like a girl would have. But to be honest, I was expecting to be told "boy" because I wanted to hear "girl" so badly. It's not that I had a strong feeling either way, I didn't.

As I mentioned already, today was a the big 20 week ultrasound. We heard Baby S.'s heartbeat. It keeps getting just a tiny bit slower than the previous HR. But still well within normal and healthy. But as he gets bigger, it should slow down. Still sounds like galloping horses though. :) We got seven stills from the u/s. That's very cool because this time around, he actually looks like a human being to me instead of a weird, parasitic lump in my uterus (my thoughts of earlier u/s like my 7w5d one). Being that the u/s was to check the anatomy of my developing fetus, I was paying attention as the tech did her job so I could kind of see what was going on. I caught the labels: cerebellum, stomach, RT kidney, LT kidney, [something to do with umbilical cord flow] and boy. Except for "boy," I was very happy to see those. It means the body parts that should be there, are there and he's healthy. The "boy" label was just fun. But...we did get some slightly bad news: his kidneys are dilated. Now for the upside of that news: kidney dilation is super common in boys and most babies outgrow it by birth. My doctor isn't worried, just wants to do another u/s in about 10 weeks to check up on him and make sure he's still healthy. So...yet another chance to "see" our baby before he is born and more importantly, I'm not worried.

So...I eat a lot. Like, a lot a lot, lol. So I feel very huge. I know that I'm not and every time I have an OB appointment, I expect the scale to give some ridiculously high number when I step on it. Fully clothed, I still haven't broken the number that scares me. Sorry, not sharing that. While, I'm much more comfortable in my own skin, I am not very comfortable with my actual weight. But anyway, I'm actually right on track for weight gain (according to this) - I am just slightly above the 25 lbs line, but still between the 25 lbs and 35lbs lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment