Pages

My photo
As of February 23, 2012, I have a very sweet, very cute little boy. Baby PGS is my world now.

Baby PGS tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Baby S. #2

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Monday, October 10, 2011

all I really want to do is all I really want to do is all I really want to do is love you and love you and love you

I'm excited!!! Friday, my mom and friend will be here to visit me (and my fiancé, too)!!

Within the last week or so, I started to be able to feel the baby "thumping" around on a fairly regular basis (here is the updated milestones page). It's a really weird feeling. Reassuring since I couldn't see spending the money on an at-home doppler so that we could hear the heartbeat whenever we wanted to try. According to a book that I was reading (or maybe it was just online at BabyCenter.com), it's not uncommon for a first-time mom (that's me!) not to feel fetal movements until Week 20 or 21. So I wasn't expecting to really notice any movement until the last week or so of October.

Two weeks from today, my fiancé and I find out if we're the parents of a little girl or a little boy. Sorry, my plan is to keep it secret until the baby gets here. Not sure if I can, but I plan on trying. :)

Seriously, I'm always hungry! I ate dinner around 6:30p because my fiancé got called into work tonight and had to leave at 7:30p. He told me to go to bed and not to wait up for him. But I have insomnia, and it's bad since becoming pregnant. Normally, it was something that bothered me every once in a while (this being maybe once every two weeks on average), but now it's almost every night. I'll be so exhausted when I try to go to bed, but as soon as the lights are out... I'm awake and ready to go. It sucks. But anyway, I was trying to say, we usually eat dinner kind of late - like 8:30, 9:00p - so that I'm not awake too much longer after eating dinner. I know it's not that great to eat and then lie down, but if I stay up for too long after dinner, I get hungry again. Usually I go to bed around 11:00p, which wouldn't be so bad if I could fall asleep right away. But because it takes so long to get comfortable and/or fall asleep, I end up falling asleep around 1:30, 2:00a. So of course, I don't get out of bed until late - like 11:00a or even later. :/ It's a vicious cycle.

*** POTENTIAL T.M.I. - Stop reading now if you don't want to see it ***



So now, I move on to the much more embarrassing aspects of pregnancy. Like peeing yourself and leaky nipples. :(

I have pretty bad allergies in the fall. Don't get me wrong, I have bad allergies all year long. They're just worse in the fall (my first allergy pill prescription was given in the fall because I couldn't take the crappy feeling anymore). Bad allergies = a lot of sneezing. A lot of sneezing = urine leakage with every sneeze. Therefore, bad allergies = peeing myself a few times each day. I am not amused with this newfound incontinence. I guess I can be thankful that it's barely anything, just a few drops at most. But without a panty liner, that's still call for an underwear change every time I sneeze. I mentioned this embarrassing aspect to my fiancé a few weeks ago when I noticed it and he jokingly offered to buy me some Depends. Gee, thanks, hun.

Last night is the first time that I noticed that my nipples are now leaking. I have no idea what it is, I'm assuming it's some kind of lubrication for the breast milk or it's colostrum. Either way, it grosses me out because I get stupid little, crusty spots on my pajama shirts (see below picture for the embarrassment, right-click on it to view image in a new tab if you want to see it better). Once I noticed it last night, I realized that it's happened before. I just didn't know that's what the spots on my shirt were because I'd been cleaning up in the kitchen and just assumed that I got something on me while cleaning. ::sigh:: The most embarrassing part of this story is how I reacted. I was in the bathroom after showering and noticed that my right nipple was a little weird looking, so I inspected it. When something came out, I screamed. My fiancé came into the bathroom to see what he needed to kill, because apparently I screamed like there was a spider or bug in the bathroom. When he realized what made me scream, he laughed at me and walked away.

2 comments:

  1. hahaha, this post made me laugh. Your body is going through some changes whether you like it or not. haha :)

    By the way, I hope you have a girl but that's just me! :) Miss you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, I know. Sometimes it bothers me, but oh, well, nothing I can do. :)

    And I want a little girl, too. Miss you, too.

    ReplyDelete