Pages

My photo
As of February 23, 2012, I have a very sweet, very cute little boy. Baby PGS is my world now.

Baby PGS tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Baby S. #2

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

life is short, love is sweet ain't no time like this time baby goes by so fast can't get it back there ain't no time like this time

After falling asleep around 2:00, 2:30 this morning, I woke up at about 7:00 to do what else: pee. And when I laid back down, I noticed that Baby S. had hiccups. I was about to be all annoyed with him for always moving around when I try to fall asleep and then I realized that hiccups are a much better movement than the kicks, punches and rolls that I usually get about 10-15 minutes after I lie down to sleep each night. And my annoyance went away pretty quickly. But then my tummy got grumbly...so here I am typing up a blog post and eating breakfast. I would much rather be sleeping; too bad sleep seems to be a luxury I am not allowed.

Last week, was my re-scheduled ultrasound. We got to see Baby S. moving around this time! At the 20 week anatomy scan, he wasn't very active - or at least, the tech didn't point out any movement to us like she did on Thursday. He was moving his jaw, so he was either swallowing or sucking his thumb. But he's already head down and low...yet another reason for me to wonder if my due date is correct. According to the estimates, he's approximately 5.0lbs already...which puts him in the 80th percentile! I'm terrified that he's going to be a 9+ pound baby and tear me like no other. Originally, I didn't want an epidural, but I'm about 90% sure that I want one now. And since my only reason for not wanting it before was that I don't like needles, I don't see the big deal in changing my mind.

But anyway...it's Week 33 now! Only seven left. Time is flying by. It could just be that almost every month there has been at least one big distraction, so it helps it feel like it's going by faster than if I'd had nothing to look forward to each month except waking up the next day, lol.

Saturday is my baby shower. I hope it goes well. A few of my friends should be there. And then on Sunday, I am meeting up with a friend and her husband for lunch since she's unable to make it to the shower due to work. All I know about the shower really is what time, what day, where and that my mom and our friend were out buying decorations yesterday. Other than that, I have no idea who was invited or how many people were invited. I have no idea who RSVP'd, so I don't have a clue who will be there. It should be interesting at the least and fun at the most. :)

Also on Saturday, we have to pick up my fiancé's mom from the airport. She's staying for a week or so. I don't know how long she's staying for. I'm just hoping that the visit goes well...

Big sigh. The only thing that I'm truly not looking forward to about the baby shower is people giving me stupid, unsolicited advice. I'm not sure I can handle people telling me things like, "Get your sleep while you can!" or "Everything changes when you have a baby!"
Obviously, those people have never been pregnant and in near constant pain. I envy the women who have super easy pregnancies. While I know in many aspects mine has not been that bad, it's definitely not an experience that I want to have again. And especially within in the next couple of years. Yes, I want a little girl, too. But I'm not so sure that I want to go through another pregnancy. Talking about having any more kids, I told my fiancé that unless I start tracking my ovulation and am serious about figuring that stuff out, don't take me seriously when I say I want another child. Unless I say to him, "This, this and this day are the best bets for conceiving a little girl." there are no more babies, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment